Fruit Skewers, Courtesy: http://www.marthastewart.com
Fruit skewers are a light and healthy summer treat. They are so simple, that I sometimes forget that they are a great snack to serve guests in the dog days of the hazy, hot and humid summer. Aren’t you glad I am here to remind you?
Skewers for serving
Yogurt and honey for dipping
- Shape melons and pineapple into rounds using a melon baller.
- Thread a few onto wooden skewers.
- Serve with a side of yogurt drizzled with honey, for dipping.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Consider also using apples cut into squares and/or small balls of mozzarella cheese
- Add in a basil leaf to each skewer for color and taste
Yield: as many as you would like!
Source: adapted from http://www.marthastewart.com